ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FarrFox not working for me?

(1/3) > >>

cjs2:
Just wondered if anyone else is having problems with FarrFox and the latest FARR (v2.00.145)... Whether I type "ff" or not at the beginning of the search line, it is not picking up my Firefox bookmarks.  I just conducted a default install of the FarrFox plugin v1.03.01 which FARR has picked up and is listing as an active on the Plugin manager page.

Anything obvious I am missing? WinXP SP2, Firefox 2.0.0.11 in case it matters.  Tried reloading, reinstalling and switching off various local security / critter monitors to no avail.

Great tool of course - btw, agree with another poster who said that not having to type "ff" would be good also!

Thanks in advance

Carl

Armando:
Welcome to dc cjs2!  :)

Have you changed the bookmark file location ? If yes, you should indicate the path in the the advanced plugin option for the farrfox plugin.

as for "not having to type "ff", you could configure a special hotkey (with farr's hotkey system) that will enter ff automatically. But if what you mean is that you'd like farr to treat bookmarks as file names, url or links, I guess mouser would have to link the plugin to the usual search and unify the results in some way... Or something like that...

cjs2:
Hi, thanks for the response.  No, I have not changed the bookmarks location in Firefox, in fact I had to look up how I would do this if I wanted!  Bookmarks.html is in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<blah>.default currently which I am assuming is normal.  Just as a test I tried pasting this in as a "custom path" but again with no effect.

Yes - I did mean "seamless" firefox bookmark searching through the plug-in as a goal.  With Firefox user numbers being what they are now (especially high in Germany I understand), I think lots of people would appreciate that.  No big deal if it's not easily achievable though.  In principle though, I imagine there is no reason why the plugins should not be able to callable without a special sequence and contribute to the overall result set.

Armando:
Strange.
What does the result list show when you write "ff" + space ?

Mine shows this :

lanux128:
try adding the bookmark's path manually in the advanced options & see if that changes anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version