ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I want to ALT-TAB between ALL apps

<< < (5/5)

Lashiec:
Which is not that different from the AHK-only solution, and it costs $20 more ;D

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, Brandon. But I think I'm sold on the Dextop idea, which seems more appealing that what I originally wanted. If it works like I expect :)

Darwin:
I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your experimentation with Dextop, Lashiec! Of course, I'll probably cave in the next 12 hours and install it myself... but I'd still be interested in hearing how you get on with it!

nontroppo:
Jesus Christ! That's not workflow, but workavalanche.
-Lashiec (February 07, 2008, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D Indeed it is so fast to switch apps it looks dizzying, but you can do it at any speed you want... 8)

Dexpot is great for Windows users and I do recommend it still. The shortcomings are really workflow issues. It sometimes forces you to use mouse, and sometimes keyboard which is most frustrating. And it is a bit buggy (keyboard triggers don't always trigger). But do give Wez's shell a thought too, as its more of a rethink of the desktop than Explorer+dexpot...

Lashiec:
Yep, don't worry, I'll try both apps once I have some free time to test them extensively. So, Darwin, if you want to go ahead... ;D

Darwin:
Done - not too bad WRT resource "hit"... I don't know if I'm going to wind up using it much or not, but it's something to play with for now  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version