ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Share Large Files Immediately With Eatlime

<< < (3/3)

Dormouse:
None of these services are doing this just because they like us.  I do wish that companies providing free applications or services would come clean and tell us how they're making their money from their respective applications/services.

Statements like the above by Filedropper always make me feel a little itchy for some reason!!   :o ;)-J-Mac (March 24, 2008, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Even stranger when the site has a couple of small google ads that appear to be advertising competitors!  :D

J-Mac:
Yeah, I'm losing trust also.

As for the Google ads, I have seen that so often I choke: When asked why they provide some programs free of charge, the developers respond that the advertising is how they make their money. Really? A few little Google Ad-Sense ads? Makes me wonder what other kinds of ads are supporting them. Like maybe the ads generated when they sell our email addresses and/or other personal info?

All in all, I somehow DO tend to trust private developers whose software I pay to use more than the freebies. Although I'm pretty sure that this concept is also very wrong - thinking that because I pay for their products that they are somehow more worthy of my trust!

Jim

Dormouse:
No request for email addresses to upload. I'd use a temporary one anyway for a site I did not completely trust.

kartal:
I use shup. It has a desktop application that can upload screenshots to its servers immediately as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version