ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Character Table - closed

<< < (4/10) > >>

f0dder:
FARR doesn't support unicode at all, and it'll take more or less a complete rewrite to support it :(

Armando:
sssshhhhhttt!  Don't say that :P
Aren't there ways around it ?
A complete rewrite "just" for unicode ???

czb:
Well javascript + RTF1 supports unicode (luckily), so what you see is unicode ;) And if HTML will be supported in good manner, it will also support unicode... so there is solution for unicode in FARR;) Without unicode you would not see half of the characters... :Thmbsup: I guess that those rectangles are japanese, or chinese etc characters... It is similar with google translate where you can not see chinese etc.. (at least on my computer it is so). Even when I try to translate to japanese on translate.google.com it displays question marks instead of words).

So should I erase those rectangles? Nobody will miss them?

as to the regex. I am sorry it was my private regex (since I like fast easy regex, where they can be without any meaning). So that is the reason for "cc" but if you do not like it I can post former regex ;)

as to adding new chars. Just post what and where I should input it and I will do it.

Ampa: you were right. for example courier new does not seam to support the ticks.
✓ u2713
✔ u2714
☑ u2611

✗ u2717
✘ u2718
☒ u2612
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
sssshhhhhttt!  Don't say that :P
Aren't there ways around it ?
A complete rewrite "just" for unicode ???
-Armando (February 08, 2008, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
FARR internally uses "narrow" or "ANSI" strings, all over the place. Theoreticaly, parts of FARR could store UTF-8 encoded strings in those, and use that for it's scoring rules etc. But then there would need to be vairous "conversion points" where the strings get converted between UTF-8 and UTF-16 (the windows "wide" or UNICODE format).

One example would be the file-browsing capabilities of FARR, another would be actually displaying the returned strings. And that's another problem, mouser uses a custom control for the dropdown list, which uses the Delphi/BCB NarrowString data type - and iirc, it didn't look like the control had WideString support.

So lots of changes would be necessary indeed.

I guess this character table script uses a RichEdit control for displaying the characters? Then there shouldn't be much trouble with that :)

czb:
So I post a new version. It uses Arial Unicode MS (it is bundled with MS Office, or you can find it here http://rs344.rapidshare.com/files/87811754/ARIALUNI.TTF, but keep in mind that you must have MS Office to use it legally), or you can also use Code2000 http://www.code2000.net/code2000_page.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version