Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 19, 2014, 09:01:17 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Opera M2 + Gmail + IMAP = not recommended  (Read 7690 times)
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »

The good news, it seems to be in order now. I'd turned off body downloading til it downloaded all the message headers -- the index taken care of, I re-enabled message bodies. I have not [yet] frozen. Progress!
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »

Oh, now i understand what you mean by "bodies" smiley

Yeah, i also downloaded the message bodies. I didn't find the option at first, though, and was opening the messages one by one. I eventually made an ahk script to do that for me and left it running for a few hours. When i found out about the option, i felt dumb smiley

nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 07:39:18 AM »

Update: here is a nice article from the chief QA tester at Opera for M2 on GMail's buggy IMAP support:

http://weblog.timaltman.c...buggy-imap-implementation

Tim also links to a wired article from the architect of IMAP on Gmails implementation:

http://www.wired.com/soft...ervices/news/2007/10/imap
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:41:44 AM by nontroppo » Logged

allen
Charter Member