ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Save the Cookies!

<< < (5/5)

Cloq:

[Increasinly Offtopic] I was in Belgium over the summer (six weeks) went really well, thanks! The highlight was meeting up with Tomos. I spent the rest of my time in a cave...[/Increasingly Offtopic]
-Darwin (February 07, 2008, 12:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Point taken..  :-[

f0dder: We could continue to this discussion on a more relevant thread if you had more comments.

Darwin:
Cloq! That wasn't a dig at you (or f0dder)! I am following your conversation with f0dder with interest - I just wanted to indicate that my missive to Hirudin was, well, off-topic  :)

kartal:
I never use cookies, my browsers are set to refuse and delete all. I also use cookiesafe extension for firefox. It does not give me much grief at all. If a site is determined to use a cookie I simply do not visit. For example yahoo is very persistent. I just do not visit yahoo, I do not give a damn about yahoo and I am sure they would not give  damn about me either. For the sites I care to visit I use another browser that has cookies set properly. I use that browser only for the sites I need with cookies, like banking, shopping etc. Other than that, cookies contain high carbs, can make you fat.

app103:
This bookmarklet could possibly work to do exactly what you want to save your cookies and create a new bookmarklet that can be used to add them to another browser. Works with IE, Firefox, and Opera.

https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/misc.html#transfer_cookies

Darwin:
Just to note - WinPatrol, in either the free or the Plus version, comes in a 64-bit flavour and allows you to specify which cookies to keep and which to zap. It's been updated recently to work with Firefox as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version