ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Save the Cookies!

(1/5) > >>

Cloq:
I am thinking of switching to XP 64bit since I bought more memory. I am in the process of updating and finding 64bit versions of my software and utilities.

I have updated most of my critical applications to their 64bit counterparts except for CookieWall (www.analogx.com) and Maxthon. For the record, I dislike Maxthon 2.x. I am still using 1.6.3.

Cookiewall is great in that it allows me to choose what cookie I want to keep and what to banish whenever my machine downloads a bad one.

I wish Cookiewall could store my cookies so that I can back it up and restore it whenever I need to reinstall my OS.

What cookie mangers do other Cody members use and what are your experiences with XP 64bit?

app103:
I don't know anything about 64-bit XP, but if you can use Firefox, you can use Cookie Culler or something similar, and make backups of the important files in your Firefox userprofile, including cookies, with Bookmark Backup.

Hirudin:
I use CCleaner to wrangle my cookies, it works quite well on my Vista 64; I'd have to imagine it'll work on XP 64 too.

The left pane is all the cookies on your computer (that aren't on the "save" list). Move them to the save side and they wont be deleted by CCleaner again.

Darwin:
[Offtopic] Hirudin! Nice to see you back in these parts  :Thmbsup: It's been a while since we've seen you at DC [/Offtopic]

mouser:
cough cough, plug for my post:
Mini-HowTo: Handling Cookie Privacy the Right Way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version