topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: myIPneighbors - site shows you how many other accounts on your shared hosting  (Read 4478 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This could be really useful for people on shared hosting.. I've often wondered how many accounts are put on each shared server.

However, I'm not sure how accurate this is, and most servers are allocated a block of multiple IPs, so this may only show you a small fraction of the accounts on your machine..  Still a cool idea regardless.

For those on shared hosting, myIPneighbors IP search is a great way to find out who your neighbors are or just to see how many other websites your hosting company hosts your server.

Is your website packed into a crowded host with hundreds of other sites? Or is there questionable content being hosted side by side with your site? If so, it may be time to look for a better host.

from http://www.downloadsquad.com/

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Excellent find mouser... THANKS!   :Thmbsup:
Insert Brilliant Sig line here

Cloq

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
enter google.com into the domain and submit...  :o

suleika

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
It's a reminder not to register your personal sites (or even just your personal email addresses) to the same IP address as your professional stuff - I don't know why that never occured to me before.