ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Brush the dust from your computer

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinjaw:
Well, they are called fans if they are fans. You mean something like a passive heat spreader? Either way, yes, it is safe.

Lashiec:
Yes, something like this, fan + heat spreader, all-in-one. If it's safe, better for me, it's a finer method than using canned air (and spreading dust everywhere :P)

tinjaw:
Don't worry, the dust still goes flying!  :P

app103:
Long before I ever used them to clean computer parts, I have used 1/2" wide (and smaller), long bristle badger or black sable paintbrushes, purchased specifically as cleaning/dusting tools at the local artist supply shop.

They get all the dust out without any risk of scratching....safe for even the most delicate parts. (safest, most effective way to clean very intricate fine Italian porcelain sculptures, too)

The long handle and bristles makes it easy to get into places that you can't fit your hand. And the natural bristles are static free, as tinjaw mentioned.

Over time, they will save you a ton of money too, as they will give you more cleanings than the same price in compressed air. (I am a very frugal person)

Just make sure you buy it specifically for this purpose and not use one that may have been used for paint or other substances. (this is very important!)

Oh...and stay away from soft fluffy cosmetic brushes, even if they are natural hair. They do attract static and their hairs will break easily and get caught in things.

f0dder:
Compressed air is a lot more fun, though :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version