ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Psychonauts

(1/2) > >>

p3lb0x:
Psychonauts, one of the weirdest games I have played EVER.

In Psyconauts you play the rule of Rasputin or Raz as he calls himself. Raz is a psychic with alot of talent but no training so he runs away from home to go to a summer camp for psychics. But shortly after hes arrival weird stuff begin to happen, and its up to Raz to save the day.

Raz acquires such skills as pyrokenises, telekineses, clairvoyance and levitation through hes travels.
He will be using these powers to battle such monsters as: telekinetic bears, Pyrokinetic cougars, the lungfish military, a fat super hero and squirrels.

Psychonauts is a mix of puzzle solving, platforming and action. The gameplay might be a bit repetitive and boring after a while but the dark humor in the game is on the same level as portal's. I highly recommend this game to anyone with an evolved sense of humor. I will provide some pictures to show the weirdness of the game

Psychonauts

Insane napoleon wannabe who's mind I haven't explored yet

Psychonauts

A painting of Doctor Loboto, the main villains main henchman

Psychonauts

Another mental patient who painted the above painting.

Psychonauts

Raz finding the brain of one of the other kids at the summer school

Psychonauts

The insane asylum's orderly

Official site
Review by gamespot

Ampa:
Psychonauts is one of my favourite games of all time, though strangely I've never completed it!

Must go back and conquer the last level sometime.

Ampa

Crush:
Psychonauts is really a great game! I think i´ll take a look again in the next weeks.
Nearly all games of Dave Perry (MDK, Sacrifice & Messiah) that have not been licenced products like Matrix - Path of Neo, are big gaming-jewels and very special in their way. I don´t understand why they never have been sold very good.

Ampa:
Dave Perry? AFAIK he isn't associated with Psychonauts at all!

It is a Tim Schaffer game, made by his post-Lucas Arts company Double Fine Productions.

lanux128:
cool game, indeed! :Thmbsup: it's nice to see a game featured here for a change..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version