ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Are Your Views On BUGS?

<< < (5/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
Except when they are in programs i write, then they are just minor inconveniences barely worth mentioning.
-mouser (February 03, 2008, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D

Truth is that when i started making coding snacks for DC, my view on bugs and developers suffered a major change. I am now way more tolerant with bugs, and don't get mad at the developers anymore when my program crashes and takes my computer with it (unless i was doing something important... which i always am :P ).

justice:
Its important to know as a programmer just because technically the issue is minor doesn't mean the end user impact is. Judge fixing bugs by the impact it has on the end user: for example having a contact form on a company's website not work in a particular browser is major even though it could be a few lines of javascript that need fixing. It's easy to forget about it.

umeca74:
is there a way to finger the badly behaved extensions? Other than disabling all of them and then enabling them one by one
-nosh
--- End quote ---

yes, use process explorer to see a list of DLLs in xplorer2, then make a note of the crash address and you've got your culprit!

nosh:
is there a way to finger the badly behaved extensions? Other than disabling all of them and then enabling them one by one
-nosh
--- End quote ---

yes, use process explorer to see a list of DLLs in xplorer2, then make a note of the crash address and you've got your culprit!
-umeca74 (February 04, 2008, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great!  :up: Thanks.

Renegade:
Wow. There is really quite a diverse set of opinions here.

Mouser -- you made me laugh there! :) Nice one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version