ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Are Your Views On BUGS?

<< < (6/7) > >>

urlwolf:
I started switching back to Mediamonkey 3.
Oh!
The pain!
There are bugs in the bugs!

Renegade:
I started switching back to Mediamonkey 3.
Oh!
The pain!
There are bugs in the bugs!
-urlwolf (February 04, 2008, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't those then be parasites? :)

f0dder:
A few minor bugs can be tolerable, as long as no data loss is involved. As previously mentioned, explorer2 crashes every once in a while (though not daily) for me as well, but almost only on exit - and considering how excellent the program is, that's bugs I can live with.

If some product had major bugs and there was no replacement, I'd probably end up reverse engineering it to fix the bug 8)

Eóin:
As I try to write more and more complicated applications myself I have become a lot more tolerant of bugs in other peoples software. And this especially true when the bug seems random because I am learning myself just how hard those types are to track down.

Renegade:
As I try to write more and more complicated applications myself I have become a lot more tolerant of bugs in other peoples software. And this especially true when the bug seems random because I am learning myself just how hard those types are to track down.
-Eóin (February 05, 2008, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amen.

I've got bugs that aren't *MY* bugs, but they affect my software. There's a serious bug that is in an audio driver that affects me. Not good. It's rare, so I won't fix it. (Sometimes you have to sacrifice.)

I've also got other bugs that are totally my own fault. They'll get fixed.

Another class I find are "environment" bugs (I use the term very loosely there). These can range from simple to find to impossible to locate. I recently was able to reproduce a bug, but I can't precisely define the real problem. Not fun. I'll have to hack around some BS to fix it most likely, which I don't like. I prefer to have straight forward, simple and easy code that is clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version