ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Apple software recommendations?

<< < (2/2)

Mark0:
If I remember correctly, iPhoto can automatically resize a photo to a reasonable format when sending it it by mail - or is the Mail application that does it when you paste / attach a photo.

Bye!

nontroppo:
Preview (the default image viewer) will resize and/or crop images in Leopard at least, and I've also heard that iPhoto and/or Mail can scale pictures down for you (I use neither, I prefer Adobe Lightroom with a passion for photos, and Opera for mail).

What I can *highly* recommend in terms of simplicity (yet buried power) is ImageWell:

http://xtralean.com/IWOverview.html

It has a really nice UI, simple resizing is available at the go, but there is a more advanced edit mode and functions. It is free.

oldfart:
Boy am I embarrassed.  I use Picasa all the time.  I've got an older program that I use for conversion purposes and never even thought to check Picasa.  Thanks for the advice.

justice:
If I remember correctly, iPhoto can automatically resize a photo to a reasonable format when sending it it by mail - or is the Mail application that does it when you paste / attach a photo.

Bye!
-Mark0 (February 02, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
this is right, select the right photograph click on e-mail and it will ask you regarding size.

harmonv:
Something else to keep in mind -- There are several graphics file formats and some are more efficient than others.
Try saving a few files in different formats and see which offers the best combination of image quality and small filesize.
Among Windows users the .PNG format seems to be the preferred choice.  Best of luck.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version