topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Interesting But Not Yet Usable Firefox Extension: AutoSaveTextToCookie  (Read 3994 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is a really great idea..

But it's not yet usable for the reasons discussed here:
https://addons.mozil...hp?DiscussionID=7897

So i recommend people not use this yet.. Anyone know of a similar extension without these problems?

Do you know the following scenario? You hardly managed to fill in a form, but before being able to send or save, your text gets extinguished because of some computer problem. This extension will prevent such annoyances by saving your text with every keystroke.
An own cookie will be used to save your input data. Hence it rests you to decide about the time of final deletion.
With version 1.06 it possible to use local files instead of cookies. This may be of advantage because cookies are limited to 4kB.

from http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:16 AM by mouser »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SessionSaver restores your browser -exactly- as you left it, every startup, every time. Not even a crash will phase it. Windows, tabs, even things you were typing -- they're all saved. in short this add-on covers all bases.. :up:

suleika

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I am using the greasemonkey script textarea backup, and it works very well for me.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Once I was typing a huge post, a couple pages long I imagine. Well, low and behold: the power goes out!

When I fired my computer back up and restarted Firefox my whole post was there waiting for me!!! I was amazed! No extensions or anything, Firefox did it all by itself.