Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:30:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google Translation Plugin  (Read 44061 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

google can translate between a lot of languages, it would be nice if a plugin could be made so you can indicate what language you want to translate to and from..

like:

gt en fr hello there my friend!

would do google translate from english to french the phrase "hello there my friend!"

Screenshot from czechboy's plugin:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:43:43 AM by mouser » Logged
czb

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »

DOWNLOAD:
As part of: CZB pack.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:28:51 PM by mouser » Logged

My open-source online piano game: http://musicope.com/
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »

hahahahaha it works!!!!  Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup
wonderful.  thumbs up thumbs up

this is a really great one.

it might be nice to be able to skip having to put the "" around the text.

this translate plugin really deserves its own thread so im going to split it off into a separate thread if you don't mind.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:38:32 AM by mouser » Logged
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »

looks really nice but does not work on my computer...  Sad
it works sometimes... very rarely... strange
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »

cool looking script. i have a tool like this that pulls the translation from google. but just like nitrix-ud the plugin is not working, do i have to press enter or something? currently it doesn't translate anything..

czb

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:56:02 AM »

well.. I must say that there may be (and I think there are) many bugs... so I will take a look into the code once more and see what is wrong there... And if you know just a little of javascript you are welcome to help me with it Wink

EDIT: nitrix-ud: I am not seasoned coder but let as see. If you try to translate "friend" from english french on this site ( http://translate.google.com/translate_t ) do you see there the result? if so, could you please copy and paste here source code of the page with result? so that I can check the regex... Wink

EDIT: I have found that English->German does not work for me even on translate.google.com (it writes the same in english as result).. strange ohmy

EDIT: I post a new version. Now you can type something like
gt en fr hello there my friend!
After space is pressed it searches for the result. So check it and tell me if it works or not Wink

* Google_Translate.zip (112.79 KB - downloaded 799 times.)

* pic.jpg (8.08 KB, 561x74 - viewed 649 times.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:29:32 AM by czechboy » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »

Lanux: There's no portuguese equivalent for the english term "muito obrigado", it's the other way around tongue

nitrix-ud
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »

@czechboy

here is the code source of the google page

note: i tried the latest version with no luck

* google code source.txt (9.06 KB - downloaded 451 times.)
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »

Lanux: There's no portuguese equivalent for the english term "muito obrigado", it's the other way around tongue

ah, no wonder! my blunder.. embarassed

czb

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »

New version:
now it displays Greek, russian etc corectly (hopefuly)
you can write "gt 4 6 school"
or "gt school"
it remembers last chosen languages

* Google_Translate.zip (113.89 KB - downloaded 670 times.)

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »

it remembers last chosen languages
Now THAT is a touch of class tongue

Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »

hummmm... doesn't work either here (like nitrix-ud)

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
czb

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »

Armando: and what exactly does it tell you? If you have my last version, does it say: error: Connection failed... or error: No translation found...? BTW: Are you able to debug javascript?

Try this version and copy paste what it tells you Wink

* Google_Translate.zip (113.95 KB - downloaded 642 times.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:09:18 PM by czechboy » Logged

Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

Hi czechboy,
Thanks for your answer. Like I said, it did exactly the same think as Reply #3 by nitrix-ud : error: No translation found (whatever the words).

But now I  replaced the plugin with the new proposed version, and now nothing appears at all when I press "space" at the end of the expression.

But right before inserting the space this is what it shows :

(Sorry : I realized after attaching the screenshots that farr had transparency enabled... I'm just reattaching new images) Everything's ok now!  Wink

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:59:44 PM by Armando » Logged

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »

BTW: Are you able to debug javascript?
I forgot to answer that one... unfortunately, no.  embarassed

Glenn Gould
czb

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 01:44:30 AM »

I see.. fine. that is unicode description of the sentence. Ok.. Probably there is problem in RTF file or probably I have writen the RTF unicode wrong. Is here anybody who knows RTF1 very well so that he/she can help me in writing unicode the right way? Anyway what I would suggest is to make new RTF files in a program you use most (MS OFFICE etc), copy and paste the text from both RTF files in plugin folder and save and override the former RTF files. Probably it will help since those files are created in StarOffice on Czech locals... But it is only guess...
But I am glad to see that it went fine through all the way till the unicode Wink

one more thing to mouser: How do you display RTF in FARR? Is it dependant on the system or not? I mean, if it can happen that people have different version of RTF and display text differently or not...

czb

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 05:48:05 AM »

OK. So I have modified RTF files and also all RTF printing so it works on my PC just fine... So lets say this is something like final version embarassed Hopefully everything works just fine. So please let me know if it does not work and what exactly does not work Wink

* Google_Translate.zip (112.62 KB - downloaded 711 times.)

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:06:17 AM »

works wonderfully here!

one minor suggestion: the search on space is really nice. i think you should add also to search on end of sentence punctuation (period, exclamation point, questionmark, quotationmark) [.!?"]
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »

It still doesn't work for me. Am I having unusual unicode problems of some sort??? I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with my farr installation (I'm also having perpetual and unresolved problems with the farr alt tab plugin which I have permanently disabled).

Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »

Armando, try going to the Plugins panel in the Options and look into "Advanced Settings". maybe there will be a clue.

Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 11:04:39 PM »

What's the role of fscript.dll? There seems to be a problem with "it" or something in relation to it.

The "configure advanced plugin options"  of the google translate plugin pops up that window :

And if I click OK, this is what happens :

Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

i think then there must be something wrong with fscript.dll which is the underlying engine for the JS-based plugins such as Farr-AltTab, Delicious & etc. maybe the respective authors can shed more light?

ecaradec
Honorary Member

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »

What's the role of fscript.dll? There seems to be a problem with "it" or something in relation to it.
Hum, the dialog shouldn't show at all since there is no options to configure. I will remove that as soon as possible.

Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript
czb

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »

ecaradec: I would like to suggest something. Is it possible to make javascript SDK plugin such way that all javascript plugins would be saved in folder like Fscript/jsplugins/myplugin and there would be only one fscript.dll for all javascript plugins. So that you would be able to update fscript yourself without us. Now I have to update all fscript.dll for my plugins manualy...

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »

ecaradec: I would like to suggest something. Is it possible to make javascript SDK plugin such way that all javascript plugins would be saved in folder like Fscript/jsplugins/myplugin and there would be only one fscript.dll for all javascript plugins. So that you would be able to update fscript yourself without us. Now I have to update all fscript.dll for my plugins manualy...

good idea! thumbs up i had been thinking along the same way since that means all the JS plugins would be streamlined making it easier pinpoint if any error occurs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.052s | Server load: 0.17 ]