ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sublime text: some innovative text editor!

<< < (10/13) > >>

wraith808:
^ Agreed.  Perhaps he didn't have it up before they attempted to purchase, assuming that anyone interested would know such.

phitsc:
I double-checked after I got that email from rewardli and indeed it wasn't stated that clearly. The FAQ is new. I agree with what 40hz said about volume licensing though. From the rewardli offer it wasn't obvious though that it was the volume license they used for the offer (well, that's not entirely true as the price steps matched the volume licenses, but I only learned that after the fact).

f0dder:
I've been using ST2 for about a week now, and I'm seriously considering a purchase - even if the pricetag is somewhat steep for a text editor.

It's probably not going to replace Notepad++ as my system default text-editor (simply because NP++ starts at <500ms cold, whereas ST2 is ~2000ms, and I'm über-sensitive to these things) - but when starting some heavy-duty editing tasks? Yeah. It rocks. Package Control, multi-selections, fuzzy search, nice color themes and decent multi-language syntax highlighting, .... . . . . .

And while the pricetag is somewhat steep, I have a lot of respect for the no-noncense license terms. None of that bullshit "free lifetime upgrade" crap.

Tuxman:
decent multi-language syntax highlighting
--- End quote ---

Which has issues with nested strings and multiple languages (PHP/JavaScript/HTML/...) in the same file though.
Not really bad, but there are glitches.

Jibz:
If you have been reading the posts about Sublime Text here on DCC and wondered what the fuss is about, this video tutorial course gives a good introduction to some of the stuff ST does well:

https://tutsplus.com/course/improve-workflow-in-sublime-text-2/

Via Sublime HQ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version