ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sublime text: some innovative text editor!

<< < (3/13) > >>

urlwolf:
Well, the unthinkable happened :)

I had started evangelizing (forum posts, blog post), when the following happened:
1-double-clicked minimap
2-open dialog pops up
3-Entire system froze; not even the task manager works (looks like a GDI leak).
4-had to do a hard reboot.

This is, as a fellow developer, as bad as it can get. Having to reboot my system without saving first makes me remember NEVER to open that application again.

If this is a beta (which is not according to version numbers) you should say so.
I have a long list of suggestions, and a lot of hopes for this tool that have just evaporated today.
Minimap is a brilliant idea; but vim has 2^38 features that this editor doesn't have, and it has never crashed my system this badly in over 10 years of use.
--- End quote ---

Tuxman:
The guys are working on Sublime Text 2 now. The "GoTo Anything" thingy seems to be hard to beat yet.  :o

A pity it is so pricey..

allen:
A pity it is so pricey..
-Tuxman (January 28, 2011, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eh, the price is a pittance if you literally spend all day every day in it . . .

Another big change for Sublime Text 2 is cross-platform compatibility.

Bionic71:
The guys are working on Sublime Text 2 now. The "GoTo Anything" thingy seems to be hard to beat yet.  :o

A pity it is so pricey..
-Tuxman (January 28, 2011, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Vote/comment for a discount, who knows  :)
http://www.bitsdujour.com/suggest/suggest=931/

Deozaan:
A pity it is so pricey..-Tuxman (January 28, 2011, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if the developer plans to do this for Sublime Text 2, but in version 1 the "free trial" never ends. It just pops up a nag box every now and again when you save your documents after the trial ends.

I really like it and would love to buy it--when I don't have so many other bills that need to come first. Until then I still enjoy it. I'm not using it all day every day (or even at all, most days) but when I do, it sure is nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version