topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: MiniMe (aka MaxiMe)  (Read 35228 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: MiniMe (aka MaxiMe)
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 12:19 PM »
It works here, but no tray icon is showed, that's true. And I'm running the latest version of AutoHotkey. Solution? Clear this line: #NoTrayIcon

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 02:24 PM »
this particular script does not create an icon in the taskbar, remove the following line from the source if you want one:
#NoTrayIcon

edit: ah page 2 ;)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Mmmm, a problem has appeared. The program conflicts somehow with KeePass. I usually type my password for Yahoo Mail! manually, for various reasons (the most important being that I don't have KeePass in my PenDrive, so no access to the database outside home), but I decided to input it in KeePass to make things easier, and then the bug made its appearance.

Essentially, I can't log in to Yahoo!, because there is some weird minimizing and maximizing going on between the two windows (Firefox and KeePass), that prevent all details from being sent to the login page. After trying various times, searching around the KeePass help, and bashing my head against the wall, I remembered MiniMe, I closed it and... now works! Never encountered this problem with Opera, because I only run MiniMe in certain occasions, though it's also affected, albeit in a minor way (I can log in, but I can't see the login process).

Oh well, time to whip up another shortcut, I guess I'll use key combinations. Just to let people know if something strange happens with their windows.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 04:18 AM »
Lashiec: does your password contain any Capital letters? I suppose that if there are 2 of them, when KeePass types them, it triggers the maximize. A solution would be to use a different trigger.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Yeah, some passwords contain various capital letters, but Yahoo Mail! only contains one, which is puzzling.

EDIT: OK, I edited the script to use both 'Control' keys, but no good. For no reason, Firefox is minimized and the focus jumps to the arrow that hides and show the tray icons. Weird. I guess I'll deactivate the script for now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:40 AM by Lashiec »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Incredible, Lashiec.. I have no idea why that'd happen :(

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 03:29 AM »
If you still have the problem please PM me and we can work it out i'm sure.

I'm thinking of updating this script. However I have ditched Minimizer as it doesn't play nice with all programs and causes high CPU usage in certain cases which is a nono for a utility program. So was thinking of the following, but would like your ideas:

• incorporate code suggestions in this thread
  • write / read hotkeys to .ini
  • ability change hotkeys using gui
  • option to hide active window instead of minimizing it (new default) and add this window to a window list
  • double right-alt to show list of all hidden windows > click on one to show them.
So what I'm trying to do is make it easier for people to adjust the hotkeys and also to replace minimizer. Instead of minmizing windows (althought that will still be supported) to a cluttered taskbar i want to hide the window to a menu that can be recalled easily (don't want to clutter my system tray either).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:32 AM by justice »

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 10:30 AM »
The problem persists, so PM on the way.

Something that could be nice is to deactivate the script automatically once you launch a full-screen application, if such thing can be detected. The other ideas sound good to me :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:09 AM by Lashiec »

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 07:37 PM »
this script can make windows management a lot less painless.
I'm sure it wasn't Justice's intent to make our lives "less painless" by writing this AHK script  :-[
Rather "less painful" perhaps?  :Thmbsup:

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 03:07 AM »
Haha thanks Clive I'm sorry for your pain ;-)

I need to get back to this so thanks to bumping the thread. I'm not using this myself at the moment but if there's still interest for me to fix some ofthe issues mentioned I'll have a look at it in the near future.