ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

App and Web app solution

(1/2) > >>

Nxqd3051990:
I've used many web app and I was blinded. One day, I started using offline app like Outlook, Onenote instead of gReader, gCal, gMail. I found that they're so great, great speed and feature. I think many people in this forum really like "offline app "
But I consider that how can I backup my data, what I mean is backup my data to server ( in the internet ). Should I set a schedule for this work. I need advice from you . Thank you ( Sorry for my bad english )

Nxqd3051990:
any suggestion ?
 :o

cthorpe:
If you want to backup  your data to a server somewhere, there are quite a few backup or synchronization programs that will do that for you.  I use Backup4All for my main backup of data files to other computers on my home network.  There is a program called Jungle Disk that was recently written up at CyberNetNews that looks very good for backing up to Amazon S3 (http://cybernetnews.com/2008/01/31/jungle-disk-online-backups-using-amazon-s3/).

iphigenie:
I'd be curious to know what various online backup providers people here use :)

mnemonic:
I used Mozy for around six months, before swapping to Jungledisk, which I've been using for about a year.

Here is what I prefer about Jungledisk:

(1) Jungledisk is cross-platform (can run on Windows and Linux)
(2) Jungledisk uses Amazon S3 via WebDAV, so you see your storage as if it's another directory.
(3) Jungledisk has a limited number of data downloads per month, whereas Mozy doesn't (although you have to pay for each download with Jungledisk).
(4) I have about 6Gb stored, which costs $5 p/m with Mozy and only about $1.10 p/m with Jungledisk.

For anyone worried about the security of their data, Jungledisk allows you to specify your own symmetric encryption key.

As I've been registered for a while, I got JungleDisk plus free for a year - not sure if I'd pay the extra $1 p/m, but it's useful if you backup lots of big files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version