ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your boot time?

<< < (10/23) > >>

CleverCat:
From Switch on to ready-to-use = +-1-2 mins.

Got a lot of startup progs.  ;D

app103:
I can't tell you what the current startup time is for my XP machine, since it's not working at the moment, but the old 9x machine...

I have the Class of '99 instrumental cover of Another Brick in the Wall, from the soundtrack of The Faculty (the whole song), as my startup wav and when it's finished the pc is ready to use...5 minutes & 18 seconds.

That song was specially selected because it is the only song I have that is the perfect length and I'll never get sick of hearing it.

Stoic Joker:
Well...
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Stoic Joker>uptime
\\SPUNKY-V has been up for: 81 day(s), 12 hour(s), 26 minute(s), 21 second(s)

If I remember correctly it took a little over a minute to get going again last time I rebooted. That was an extra "Sanity Check" reboot after installing Vista SP1 RC1 to make sure nothing new & odd showed up in the logs.

nosh:
Ghacks covered a tiny app today that did a pretty good job showing me my boot time, popping up only after Firefox (the last to load) was ready to go.
[BootTimer]

icekin:
I've recently started using WinPatrol, mainly for security reasons, but it does come with a feature called delayed start whereby some programs and services can be set to start later to avoid the computer 'hanging' upon login. I believe that StartRight does something similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version