ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your boot time?

<< < (3/23) > >>

mouser:
since i only reboot once every couple of weeks these days, i must admit i don't really care about boot time.

i do however have a pc in my bedroom which i put on standby and wake up from sleep regularly. and the turn off and turn on time is under 3 seconds (see my post about it here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11991.0) is done using the physical on/off button.  couldn't be simpler or faster.

Josh:
I am in the same boat as mouser. Boot time doesnt matter much to me as I do it so infrequently. When I do reboot, its about 15-20 seconds from power on to Vista login prompt and then another minute while my startup programs load. I have quite a few startup programs so I dont blame vista for a slow start. Vista on its own is pretty fast to boot.

iphigenie:
my boot time is pretty quick, it's the "time between log in and actual availability of the system" which is long (too many services and autostarts, and yes I want almost all of them!)

Darwin:
I'm in the same boat as mouser and f0dder. Actually, I am a reformed paranoid when it comes to boot time. I'd say from pressing the power button to log-in screen is about 30 secs and then to desktop with all programmes loaded another 2 to 3 minutes. But, like my "boat mates"  :), I reboot relatively infrequently and don't sweat this anymore.

iphigenie:
I dont reboot very much, but typically when I reboot it is because something crashed or locked up and I am then pretty eager to be up and running to pick up whatever got interrupted, and terribly impatient!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version