ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

WikidPad - an IDE for your thoughts

<< < (6/8) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Hey guys: what great ideas  :Thmbsup:

I really liked the day page idea:
Second, I do not use scratch pad at all. I have daily record wikipage I use to put random bits
-kartal (April 02, 2008, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Kartal: it's a great way to organise stuff that's not necessarily organised so that it can be organised later...

And thanks Justice for your kick start... I've never done anything in AHK before (always used AutoIT myself), but nearly everyone here uses AHK so I'd always thought of getting started (but never really starting  :-[).

So I've combined Kartal's idea of a day page into your script and bingo: wonderful  :Thmbsup:

My Attempt at an AHK Script
--- Code: Autohotkey ---; WikidJotSetTitleMatchMode, 2#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.#SingleInstance,Force #j::  ; Win+j hotkeyGui, Add, Text,, Enter note:Gui, Add, Edit, r9 w400 vClipGui, Add, Button,gButtonOK, &Copy to Clipboard  ; The label ButtonOK (if it exists) will be run when the button is pressed.Gui, Show,, ClipJotterreturn  ; End of auto-execute section. The script is idle until the user does something.return ButtonOK:Gui, Submit  ; Save the input from the user to each control's associated variable. ; run wikidpad or switch to itIfWinNotExist, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad       ; Look for a specific Wiki ("MyWiki.wiki"){  Run, G:\Programmes\WikidPad\Wikidpad.exe  -w G:\Documents\MyWiki\MyWiki.wiki  ; comment this line with correct paths  WinWait, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad, , 5} ; ThisDay is the page where all "today's" notes will go: it's date based and will appear in the ParentLess ViewThisDay := A_DD . "-" . A_MM . "-" . A_YYYY    ' eg: 04-04-2008 WinActivate, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad         ; Use filename just in case other windows are open Send, {CTRLDOWN}o{CTRLUP}                   ; Open WikiPage WinWait, Open Wiki Word                     ; Wait for the windowIfWinNotActive, Open Wiki Word, WinActivate, Open Wiki WordWinWaitActive, Open Wiki WordSend, %ThisDay%                             ; Enter the PageName WinWaitActive, Open Wiki WordSend, {ENTER}                               ; Close the Open Wiki Page window WinWaitActive, Create , , 1                 ; Wait to see if the Create Dialog is displayedIfWinActive, Create{  Send, {ALTDOWN}y{ALTUP}                   ; Of course we want to create a new page!} WinWait, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPadIfWinNotActive, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad, WinActivate, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPadWinWaitActive, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad ControlFocus, wxWindowClassNR2              ; Set the focus on the editor in case it's not Loop{  ; The 3rd section of the Status Bar displays where the cursor is, use this to show when we've reached the end of the page  StatusBarGetText, BeforeText , 3 , MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad  Send, {PgDn}  StatusBarGetText, AfterText , 3 , MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad    if AfterText = %BeforeText%    break} IfWinNotActive, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad, WinActivate, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPadWinWaitActive, MyWiki.wiki - WikidPad ControlFocus, wxWindowClassNR2              ; Set the focus on the editor in case it's not Send, {ENTER}{ENTER}                        ; Add a couple of linesSend, %Clip%                                ; Insert our text GuiClose:Gui,Destroy

kartal:
Perry Mowbray

thansk for the script, I will try it today.

One more method I use is through "launchy" . I made launcy command "todo" which uses my default notepad and sends my path\to\mytodo.wiki as argument to notepad. What I do is press "capslock" to activate launcy and type "todo". This will open "mytodo.wiki" in my default notepad and then I will type the stuff, for example todo:read the book. Since "todo:" is a special keyword in wikipad it will show in special view. In wikipad mytodo wiki page will be activated with the new stuff I just have typed. It works great. And you can use this for any wiki page since all are text based

What I am looking for is actually a way to append text to any file via command line. This way I can just pass any text line to any wiki page without opening any text editor via launcy or farr. Probably there is a way but I have not searched for a solution seriously yet.

justice:
echo Your text here >> todo.wiki

kartal:
Justice that adds to bottom of the text, is there a way to add to beginning of the text file?

brotherS:
Thanks for the review!

I thought about using/trying TiddlyWiki a few times - but didn't yet - and won't use/test WikidPad any time soon, but it's great to know what to expect.

For the time being, I'm using .txt files that I can easily find with Locate (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1385.0) and MindMaps for developing connected thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version