ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Audio format (batch) convert/transcode

<< < (4/4)

TheQwerty:
Yes, except that I will drag the .wav files and not the .cue files into foobar (I want single-file-per-album mode), and afterwards I'll have to fix all the .cue sheets to reference .flac instead of .wav files.-f0dder (January 31, 2008, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Foobar2000 is not limited to converting to track files, it can produce image files.

Though I'm not sure if it is capable of creating an external cuesheet; it might force you to embed the cue in the FLAC's metadata (which I prefer for the few image files I have, so I never tried to change it).
* TheQwerty shrugs.To each their own.

f0dder:
I'll just use whatever program for compressing the single-file .wav to a single-file .flac, no magic involved. Then edit the .cue sheet to say ".flac" instead of ".wav". This does work in foobar already.

vegas:
Another reason to switch to FLAC or Wavpack, is for integrity checking of the file, which is built in and it will report errors within, or you can use an external utility to scan a drive (which could always go bad) for corrupted sound files.  I believe both formats have such a utility available for mass checking.

f0dder:
Another reason to switch to FLAC or Wavpack, is for integrity checking of the file, which is built in and it will report errors within, or you can use an external utility to scan a drive (which could always go bad) for corrupted sound files.  I believe both formats have such a utility available for mass checking.
-vegas (February 01, 2008, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good point :Thmbsup:

Lashiec:
foobar also has a plugin to verify sound files, so you can use it for now with WAV. Don't expect a very thorough analyzer, Peter says it reports only decoding errors that could stop the playback process. Well, and with MP3 it also shows inaccuracies in reported lengths and such (side effects of buggy encoders and an overly abused format).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version