ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Audio format (batch) convert/transcode

<< < (3/4) > >>

Lashiec:
Who said gigabytes? :P

Yeah, Peter should include a help file like God intended, or at least provide some more documents on advanced configuration with the package. I think the quotes trick was mentioned somewhere with foobar 0.8.3, though.

TheQwerty:
Yeah, Peter should include a help file like God intended, or at least provide some more documents on advanced configuration with the package. I think the quotes trick was mentioned somewhere with foobar 0.8.3, though.
-Lashiec (January 30, 2008, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
You just have to know where to look:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000
or more specifically:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Titleformat_Introduction

That said, I agree there really needs to be some better documentation within the program (in the very least a link to the HA wiki from the Help menu).

f0dder, the good news is now that you've set up the converter to do MP3 it's relatively simple for you to go to FLAC and join modern civilization in using lossless compression.  :P

f0dder:
TheQwerty: I keep my "archives" in .wav format (planned to go .flac all the time, just didn't get to it yet - more focused on getting my CDs ripped, as I can always batch compress later). As I've mentioned before, each CD I rip gets a single .wav file and a .cue sheet with all the necessary meta information.

My use for MP3s, and one-file-per-track, is specifically for my new MP3 player (did you read the first post in this thread? :P), which obviously doesn't support flac or cue sheets. Thanks for the Titleformat_Introduction link - it had a link at the bottom that has the really useful information.

TheQwerty:
TheQwerty: I keep my "archives" in .wav format (planned to go .flac all the time, just didn't get to it yet - more focused on getting my CDs ripped, as I can always batch compress later). As I've mentioned before, each CD I rip gets a single .wav file and a .cue sheet with all the necessary meta information.

My use for MP3s, and one-file-per-track, is specifically for my new MP3 player (did you read the first post in this thread? :P), which obviously doesn't support flac or cue sheets. Thanks for the Titleformat_Introduction link - it had a link at the bottom that has the really useful information.
-f0dder (January 31, 2008, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Of course I read it, and after re-reading it, it doesn't change what I said.  (But it does make me wonder if you read my post.  :P )

Now that you have set up and (presumably) used Foobar2000 to create the MP3 files for your DAP, it is relatively easy to go back into Foobar2000 and do the WAV to FLAC conversion for storage.

f0dder:
Yes, except that I will drag the .wav files and not the .cue files into foobar (I want single-file-per-album mode), and afterwards I'll have to fix all the .cue sheets to reference .flac instead of .wav files.

I've been pondering writing a tool of my own to handle this kind of stuff for quite some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version