ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Audio format (batch) convert/transcode

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
GermaniX Transcoder
-PhilB66 (January 30, 2008, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does that one support cue sheets? Doesn't seem like it from the website, which is half English and half German :)

PhilB66:
You are right, the transcoder has a Cue-Cutter but I don't think it does what you want.

Dirhael:
what about dBPowerAmp or BeSweet?
-lanux128 (January 30, 2008, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, didn't even think about dbPoweramp, I do own a license but I only use it for ripping :-[. If it can handle cue/wav input, I should take a look at it, though. But iirc it uses fraunhofer and not LAME for MP3 codec, ho humm.

I think I got foobar2000 to do what I want, though - I set single tracks formatting specifier to this: [%album artist%]\[%album artist% - ][{%date%}] %album%\[%tracknumber%] - [%title%] ... I would prefer straight brackets around %date%, but I dunno how to escape them  :-[
-f0dder (January 30, 2008, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can escape it like this :)

--- ---['['%date%']']

Lashiec:
Straight brackets? These ones: [] ? You enclose them in quotes '[' ']', like this. Some more information. Em, bummer, Dirhael beat me to it ;D

BTW, the Reference version of dBpoweramp supports commandline encoders :)

OMG, still using WAV? Hundreds of megabytes wasted, no metadata...

f0dder:
Ah, escaping them in singlequotes. I tried \, old C habits die hard ;). And thanks for the link, Lashiec, couldn't find it with "I'm in a hurry" google and on-site searches, and the context-sensitive help in foobar doesn't work.

Commandline encoders would do the trick fine, as long as dbPoweramp supports cue/wav combo. I'll look into that later, since I do own the reference version. Silly me for not checking :-[

Yes, still using wav. Not hundreds of gigabytes wasted though, FLAC doesn't compress that well. As for metadata, it's stored in the .cue files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version