ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Visual Studio Uninstaller Tool

<< < (2/2)

arunpawar:
It makes system unusable as when program crashes for my system,it asks me to debug using Visual studio when any error props up.or sometimes it open VS on its own to debug it.

Fodder your calucaltion is wrong,VS installed many filetypes and CLSID which counts to about 1.9MB.And you think it is easy to ignore it?

Apart from registry keys there is also uninstaller of about 2mb each for every visual language like J# and C# is there in :/windows/syste32/somewhere i forgot.Which is not moving at all.

If VS uninstallers are there Please tell me any uninstaller other than official one.
Cause i tried it and it leaves some remainants on my system,now whenevr i tried to reinstall the VS 2005 it goes in uninstall mode and error flags as VS uninstalled in improper order i asked on MSDN these guys says i uninstalled it in some wrong order means first  MSsql then C# should be the order blah blah.

Please let me know if there is any method to unnstall the Visual studio,or uninstaller or way to delete reg keys,my eyeballs are red while searching thru reg for these files  :-\

f0dder:
It makes system unusable as when program crashes for my system,it asks me to debug using Visual studio when any error props up.or sometimes it open VS on its own to debug it.
-arunpawar
--- End quote ---
Umm, why does that make your system unusable? You just hit "no" (or cancel or whatever it is) and get on with what you're doing. And in the case you're running one of your own debug-mode executables, being able to launch up the debugger is very convenient.

But hey, google for "just in time debug" if you want to turn it off.

Fodder your calucaltion is wrong,VS installed many filetypes and CLSID which counts to about 1.9MB.And you think it is easy to ignore it?
-arunpawar
--- End quote ---
You said you counted 180+, I just increased those figures. But 1.9megabytes, is that a problem? Even on a 32gb disk (which is extremely small by todays standards, but chosen since it's the SSD size that's affordable without selling a kidney) 2 megabytes is a drop in the water.

Apart from registry keys there is also uninstaller of about 2mb each for every visual language like J# and C# is there in :/windows/syste32/somewhere i forgot.Which is not moving at all.
-arunpawar
--- End quote ---
Really? I searched for %SYSTEMROOT%\*.exe , >= 1500KB. What I found where .net framework compilers (installed with dotNET runtimes afaik, not visual studio), an OpenOffice file, nt*krnl.exe, and helpsvc.exe.

Yes, leaving remnants on uninstall is bad behavior, but it isn't anything near a problem.

arunpawar:
if i tried to reinstall the setup it goes into the maintenance mode and gives erros it is not letting me install freshly.what do i have to do? :tellme:

how can i wqipe out remainants and reg keys?i have no int connection so can't sownload any uninstaller or util above 100MB so really have prob with uninstaller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version