ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Attention Mod

<< < (13/13)

CodeTRUCKER:
I tend to agree with fOdder on this one.

Why not leave "Send this Topic" alone (or possibly make it clearer by calling it "E-mail this topic") and add a different button to PM the topic to another user by user name. Effective the PM topic button would just open the usual PM window and insert the topic URL as a quote in the text box and a modified subject line - that way the person can simply enter the user ID they want to send to and add a comment. The rest will take care of itself.
-Carol Haynes (January 28, 2008, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I like changing the button to "Email this Topic" idea! :Thmbsup:

In adding a button, if we're going to go that far would there be any extra overhead to setting the PM mechanism to be populated with the post address rather than the thread address?  I'm too spent to get a clue on what the trigger mechanism would be right now. :(

Hmmm... would that be more convenient for the Sender and Receiver as the target would be "location" (post) as opposed to an "area" "(topic)?  Seems like it would be more precise/convenient for the Responder.     Just thinking out loud here. :)

In the meantime anyone else feel free to offer your thoughts.  We always have our eyes open.

<edit> wording and what else... spelling </edit>

Rover:
:two:

Alt solution:  Add a button to call for help, that when activated changes the Topic Icon to something attention getting.
Pro: Easy to see.  No direct Pressure to participate.  Open to anyone who thinks they are an expert on the topic subject.
Con:  Adds yet another button to the thread.  More passive than originally suggested.

nosh:
Slight digression: Wonder how many people would find a button to open all threads in separate tabs on the "show new replies to your posts" page handy. I know I would.

Darwin:
Slight digression: Wonder how many people would find a button to open all threads in separate tabs on the "show new replies to your posts" page handy. I know I would.
-nosh (January 31, 2008, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooh... I like that one  :-*

CodeTRUCKER:
-nosh (January 31, 2008, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Regardless what happens with the Attention Mod, THIS is a great idea! :Thmbsup:  What would you think about splitting this off in its own thread?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version