ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Me & my crazy optical mouse

<< < (3/6) > >>

Renegade:
i share your pain Renegade, that's why i started this thread. i can't even select some text because the damn mouse sends a quick double-click that unselects the text and i can't click anything that toggles, again for the same reasons. in other words, i don't know if i'm going or coming.. :)
-lanux128 (January 30, 2008, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I SOOOOO understand that...

Occasionally I need to use Japanese Windows in a VM... Very commonly it will go into some wierd SHIFT mode where no matter what I click on, it's like I've got the SHIFT key pressed, so it selects everything! Not the same problem, but it basically destroys my ability to use the OS. I have to reboot the OS in the VM and hope that it goes away, which it usually does.

But back to the hammer... I'd really LOVE to use the hammer on KEB. Wouldn't fix my screwed up mouse (still having troubles), but I'd feel better! :)

lanux128:
luckily, i'm not involved in stock trading. with this dastardly mouse of mine, i could bring down the exchange.. ;D

so Renegade, exactly what model are you using? btw, i'm going through this thread to see if there is anything outstanding.

• Choosing a keyboard and a mouse

Target:
Lanux

another possibility occurs to me -have you investigated the possibility of using AHK to 'reassign' your mouse keys?

I'm no expert, but I think you could use it to intercept the mouse clicks and perform an action, eg setup a hotkey to intercept those pesky double clicks and transmit them as a single click (you would also need to setup an alternative for intentional double clicks)

Target

lanux128:
thanks Target, any ideas how this can be done? i'm also keen on catching these "stray" clicks. :)

on another note, at first i thought AHK was causing the problem since i was using this middle-button script but the problem didn't go away after disabling the script.

Target:
hmmm, now you're putting me on the spot...

i was thinking about a hotkey, but now I'll have to go and do some research...

Target

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version