ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Me & my crazy optical mouse

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
i have a Pleomax optical mouse which since recently has caused me much grief. the problem started when this *NEW* mouse placed on a flat surface (my table) starting giving off random clicks. e.g. a single click becomes double-clicks, middle click became right-click & so on. after some googling, i found a couple of links but nothing more..

• http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179482-sneakey-mouse.html
• http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread68390-2.html

now i am left wondering why is this happening.. should i get a new mouse? or are there software/drivers that can overcome this? i await your answer.

Renegade:
To start on a tangent, often when discussing performing a task, people use what they know and not necessarily the right tool. The common expression associated with this is, "when the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Well, the point is that your mouse is the nail. Now go get yourself a hammer! :D

Then go get a ball mouse. After all...

NSFWReal men have balls!

mwb1100:
I'd say get a new cheap mouse (you can find these easily for less than $10) if you don't already have another mouse lying around somewhere, or borrow one from a friend.  Use it and make sure the problem goes away.  If it turns out to be a problem with the old mouse hardware, throw out the old mouse.  I think there's probably no point wasting time trying to fix it.  However, it's possible that the symptoms remains if it's really a software problem, in which case there's no need to toss the old mouse - you've still got some sleuthing to do to figure out the problem.

If you want or need a mouse with more features or ergonomics that are not on the cheap 'test' mouse, get a more expensive replacement only after you've proved it's a hardware problem.

lanux128:
thanks for the response both of you.. i just tried with a couple of other mice (usb & serial port) but the problem persists.. what else can i do to trouble-shoot this problem?

Target:
did it come with any software??

if so, try uninstalling/reinstalling

if that doesn't work, many of the drivers are interoperable, so try some alternatives (the intellimouse software used to be freely available - but there are no doubt others...)

Target

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version