ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Thoosje Quick XP Optimizer

<< < (3/9) > >>

cmpm:
Well, I've looked at 'process monitor' and don't really know what I'm seeing except when there's an icon, like my AV icon.

But anyways-

No changes in services and processes that I can see using sysinternals process explorer.

Full/Complete scans of-
AVG
A-Squared
Super Anti Spyware

Nothing turned up.

When I ran the optimizer, it took about 1 second and then you had to reboot. I'm going to browse the forums here in a bit, as I get some more coffee going here.

Going to run Ccleaner and Gladys Utilities in a bit too.

O and I have old Scotty on Patrol too.
No Barks....yet.

I don't know how to go much deeper to find things, hence the reason for this thread asking if anyone else has used this program.

-edit- I mean 'Glary Utilities' , for some reason Gladys is stuck in my brain for that set of programs...brain glitch....                                             

Curt:
Toohsje has left the building

- because it crashed both itself, my startup manager, and XP. Bye bye!

:down:   >:(

BigJim:
Oh dear!

cmpm:
If you don't have some kind of way to test unknown software safely, then I wouldn't.
I have one computer I use for that purpose.

Lashiec:
Really, stay away of these auto optimizers. They never say what they change to achieve these magic results, and always fail. Plus, they could be using one of those optimizing myths that do exactly the opposite.

If they don't say what they do, or lack a open backup system (based on .reg files, even if they're ZIP compressed), give them a thumbs down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version