ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Exact Audio Copy

<< < (2/2)

Aragorn:
Hello!

Yes, in fact. Most times software authors only get mails where they are told that a feature is not working as they expect, either because of a bug, or because the user don't understand fully the function. Anyway, getting several mails of that kind each day is wearisome. So I really enjoy the mails which are just telling that somebody like the program.   :D
So, I just want to thank everybody who just brighten up my life by giving their encouragement or a little donation!  :Thmbsup:
I think that this is a great forum to point out the fact, that also programmers are just people, who can be frustrated (or sometimes in good mood  ;))...

All the best,

Andre

mouser:
andre, it's great to see you here posting - on behalf of everyone who uses eac here, thank you for such a great program.

f0dder:
I personally prefer plextools to EAC, it seems to do a better job (especially for those annoying protected CDs) - but EAC is a very decent tool nonetheless. I use it for generating cuesheets for my plex-ripped audio :)

wr975:
But PlexTools is working for Plextor drives only. True?

I heard there some parameters you can pass to EAC so it'll bypass protection, like loading the first session only. Not sure if that's true. I don't buy protected CDs so I can't test.

f0dder:
But PlexTools is working for Plextor drives only. True?

--- End quote ---
As far as I know, yes. The plextor drives + firmware appearantly has some additional "goodies". I tend to get higher ripping speeds (without errors) when ripping with plextools than EAC anyway :)

I heard there some parameters you can pass to EAC so it'll bypass protection, like loading the first session only. Not sure if that's true. I don't buy protected CDs so I can't test.

--- End quote ---
I didn't have much success with EAC on a copy protected CD, but that's a while back - there's been at least one or two EAC releases since that. Plextools does have support for "only load first session", and while rip speed does decrease due to the CD format violations some of these protections use, the results seem good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version