Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 10:24:00 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: sweet game reviews  (Read 3992 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 26, 2005, 04:52:27 AM »

i'm not a gamer - i might play a little bit of 1 computer game every couple years (though i used to play adventure games quite a bit).

i still love reading game reviews though, and i'm fascinated especially by the new kinds of games coming out.

recently i've been reading the reviews on www.eurogamer.net, which i find really pleasently written and full of obvious care and love of gaming.  some examples:
http://www.eurogamer.net/...icle.php?article_id=62232
http://www.eurogamer.net/...icle.php?article_id=62259
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 05:25:36 AM »

thanks for that, i'd never heard of eurogamer.net, i'll put it on the list to check out when i'm looking for games.
Sentinel
Columnist

Generally confused

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:58:19 AM »

I'm a fairly avid gamer (when I'm able to find time) but I don't believe I've come across Eurogamer before.  I guess there is a lot of tough competition in the whole games site arena with a few big names dominating.  I does look rather interesting though so I think I'll be adding it to Website Watcher and it is nice to have a non American perspective on gaming now and again.  Wink

That all being said, I'm still far from convinced to buy a Nintendo DS.  Did you just get one for Christmas or something mouser?  cheesy

Designated "proofreading free" zone.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 11:02:37 AM »

heheh nope. vrgrll should add her comments here, she owns virtually every game system ever made and can clearly lay out the benefits of each smiley

most game review sites are so loaded with popups its insane. i used to read ign till they went to this paid subscription thing and that was it for me.
Sentinel
Columnist

Generally confused

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 11:15:49 AM »

Yes I agree, IGN became horrific which is when I and probably 80% of the existing readers bailed from there.  Unfortunately some game publishers provide patch downloads via them which is a whole new kind of horror.  Unfortunately excessive advertising appears to be par for the course on most gaming sites these days.  Thank god for Ad Mucher.

Talking Nintendo DS for a moment, I'd honestly love a frank justification for purchasing the DS, so if vrgrll owns one I'd be interested in hearing her thoughts.  To me it looks like a 70's "game a watch" system, it lacks the power of the PSP, the compactness of the SP and I'm yet to remain convinced that any games effectively use the second touch-screen, or ever will.

At the same time I love my Nintendo SP dearly (working my way through Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age during any free moment this Christmas) so probably wouldn't take that much convincing to make me buy a DS for the price, though the pet simulator that massively boosted sales this Christmas won't be it.  Grin

Designated "proofreading free" zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.12 ]