ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Spam filtering

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darwin:
I've been using the SpamBayes (Open Source) for years - it's almost 100% accurate and NEVER mis-labels Ham as Spam  :-*

NB it works with a range of e-mail clients, though originally only with Outlook. The webpage still reflects this, but dig deeper and you'll find that it works with others as well.

Target:
I used to use K9, but switched to Magic Mail Monitor some time ago

it's small, it's free, and no install

works at the server level, ie it reads and deletes messages before you download (a musthave for those of us on dialup)

no self learning, but the user defined rules can use regex's

target 

KenR:
Most recently, I have been using Antispam Sniper (http://www.antispamsniper.com/). It uses multiple techniques like the others mentioned and was nearly 100% accurate after some training. It was developed for the Bat, but they have recently developed versions for other email programs, such as Outlook.

Ken

rjbull:
Thanks, eveyone!  Some suggestions there I didn't know about.  :)

Now all I have to do is configure them...  :(

iphigenie:
Popfile needs about 10 minutes set up and then training, which can be time consuming

I must say that blue squirrel "spam sleuth" worked pretty well out of the box although it worked better with more features tweaked, the config took a bit of time when adding sites and word filters. I works in layers, first using a combination of whitelists, blacklists, your address book, word filter rules (a lot of them come with it), character & structure rules, plus a bayesian training option (train on existing pots of email after about a week). What it does is use some of the cheap options to do a basic filtering, then anything in the "not sure" middle it can apply further tests, or do challenge response. It can also automatically complain for spam, but i turned that off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version