ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Spam filtering

<< < (5/6) > >>

Mark0:
Gmail for me too.
With it, for all practical effects SPAM is a non existent problem for me.

Darwin:
So, er, what do you do? Set up all your pop mail accounts to be filtered through GMail and then set your GMail account as the only incoming e-mail account through Outlook? Then use rules to sort from there?

Carol Haynes:
Yep - or use forwarders to pump email to the gmail account.

Darwin:
Yep - or use forwarders to pump email to the gmail account.
-Carol Haynes (October 24, 2008, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I meant by

Set up all your pop mail accounts to be filtered through GMail
-Darwin (October 24, 2008, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

So far, Outlook 2007's Junk Filter is doing "all right" on my installation. Will definitely look at the GMail solution, though. It's free and it sounds ridiculously hands-off!

Deozaan:
So far, Outlook 2007's Junk Filter is doing "all right" on my installation. Will definitely look at the GMail solution, though. It's free and it sounds ridiculously hands-off!
-Darwin (October 24, 2008, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

And besides all that, you get access to Gmail's awesome archiving/search features. I can't tell you how many times I suddenly remembered a topic of conversation (either via GTalk IM or e-mail) from several months or even years ago and wanted to find that link or file or whatever. It only takes a few searches at most before I find it.

Also just the way that e-mails are organized into conversations (almost like a forum thread) make following a particular topics so easy. Gmail just rocks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version