ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

email troubles

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
I used to occasionally encounter that if the email had an attachment. Usually it was a PDF that was causing the problem although I also saw it happen with GIFs. Probably something in the attachment process caused a malformation of the email which resulted in an inbox hang in my mail client. Saw it happen mostly when using Thunderbird, although I had clients run into it with MS Outlook as well.

If I recall correctly, this only happened with messages originating from an AOL account.

I never got to the bottom of exactly what caused this hassle. After a time it went away by itself. It's only every so often it crops up then disappears again. Most times it's only for a day or two when it does. Which makes me believe it's definitely something on some ISP's server.

Don't know if any of this helps.

Stoic Joker:
If I recall correctly, this only happened with messages originating from an AOL account.
-40hz (May 16, 2011, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Gotta love those nested headers, Clicking open attachment over and over for each time its been forwarded (usually about 50) ... Kinda hard to believe a mess like that can manage to not be corrupt really.

Sorry if you were trying to be kind about that little detail, but it's a pet peeve of mine. :)

Target:
I used to occasionally encounter that if the email had an attachment. Usually it was a PDF that was causing the problem although I also saw it happen with GIFs. Probably something in the attachment process caused a malformation of the email which resulted in an inbox hang in my mail client. Saw it happen mostly when using Thunderbird, although I had clients run into it with MS Outlook as well.

If I recall correctly, this only happened with messages originating from an AOL account.-40hz (May 16, 2011, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

interesting to note that your initial experience was with an email containing a PDF - this mirrors our experience where the first instance was a PDF search document from the Main Roads department which we couldn't download no way no how.  Subsequent instances haven't included attachments, though they have included images...

AOL is unlikely to be a factor here in Australia though...

40hz:
-40hz (May 16, 2011, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Gotta love those nested headers, Clicking open attachment over and over for each time its been forwarded (usually about 50) ... Kinda hard to believe a mess like that can manage to not be corrupt really.

Sorry if you were trying to be kind about that little detail, but it's a pet peeve of mine. :)
-Stoic Joker (May 16, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hear ya! Let that knock fall where it will.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version