ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

IMPORTANT: Sample mini group alias file for F&R - download here

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
OK,
all the questions about can you use F&R to go to websites, launch email,etc.

I've made a little sample alias file you can import in.

In the next major release of F&R it will come with these and many other commands already configured.  and of course you can always write your own.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) click to download the file: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/aliases2.ini
2) go to F&R options, and from Import&Export menu, choose import and then browse to and select that aliases.ini file

close the options.  youl now have some new commands in your F&R:

imdb -> to get info on web about a movie just type: imdb [MOVIENAME]
search -> to run one of several web searchs just type: search [SEARCH WORDS]
define -> to run a web dictionary search on a word type: define [SEARCH WORDS]
www -> to go to any site just type the site url (for example www.donationcoder.com)
music -> search for info about any band or artist type: music [BAND NAME]
email -> begin an email to someone type: email [EMAILADDRESS]
email -> begin an email to someone and specify subject type: email [EMAILADRESS s=SUBJECT]
paste -> paste date or time into current program type: paste (then choose from menu)
run-> to run any program on your computers search path: run [PROGRAMNAME]

thanks to nontroppo's opera page for some of these.

note the some of the above will show you full menus of choices, like the search and define commands.
you can easily add your own stuff to these from the Options-> Groups tab.

let me know if this works for you and how you like it!

mouser:
btw if you ever forget what commands are available, you can get a list of them by typing (stands for allgroups):
agroups

mouser:
jibz just gave me an alternate email regular expression alias you can use if you dont want to be bothered typing in "email xxxxx" and would prefer just to be able to type in someones email adress to create a mail to them:
just copy this and go to Group Alias tab, right click and say "Pase Preformatted Alias Group" and paste it in:

1000>>>email3>->email $$1 | mailto:$$1>+>^(\w+(?:\.\w+)*@\w+(?:\.\w+)+)

mouser:
i forget who suggested this feature (kfitting was it you?) but you might want to check that you have these checked in options if youd like to be able to launch command aliases faster once they are displayed.

also note for things like dictionary search, etc.  you can configure F+R to make it easier to launch multiple results, so that when you hold control while you mouse double click or press a number, it launches but stays open.

kfitting:
Wasnt me... I remember the discussion though.  The whole alias thing is powerful, but very confusing!  The default samples will be a nice way to learn, thanks!

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version