topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: request - Esc key to cancel initial capture  (Read 4322 times)

tp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
request - Esc key to cancel initial capture
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I have started test driving SC as a replacement for my long time favorite screencap utility, mwsnap. The reason I mention this is that one feature i really like that mwsnap has that i don't think SC has is the ability to cancel a capture request before completing the capture by hitting the Esc key. Mwsnap also doesn't automatically capture the region when I let go of the drag.. I have to click again to complete it, which is an additional nice feature...

Many times I start out making a region capture request, but then change my mind and with mwsnap I can escape right out.. Or I may start off in the wrong spot, and because it requires the second click, I can escape without any image saving.. I like to be able to cancel immediately and start over in that case.

Maybe there is another way for this in SC but I haven't figured it out yet? I found that I can escape after I make the capture and the dialog box comes up, but that means the image is already saved, which I want if I actually complete the capture, but may not want and so would like escape out, which would be quicker. If I could escape before I complete the capture in SC, then I can have it both ways.. (I would be able to escape out before capturing/saving without having to confirm anything, and then if I complete the capture, the image is auto-saved..).. I hopethis makes sense! lol

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 05:05 PM by tp »

tp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: request - Esc key to cancel initial capture
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:14 PM »
sorry now i found the post where this has been discussed... :-[

https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=690.0

jgpaiva