ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera Browser Power-User Mods

(1/5) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I have heard there are *.ini files or other files in Opera that will allow numerous modifications to the browser and its functions.

What are these files and what is the best mod you have found most beneficial?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Lashiec:
While we wait for the reinforcements, take a peek at nontroppo's wiki, particularly the customization section, to find quite some information about extending Opera. I think there should be another resource out there, he does not even list OSpell!

I use OSpell, for checking my spelling everywhere, and Flashblock, for blocking pesky flash, and be able to navigate the web without some annoying flash ad disrupting my music. Also, it has the benefit of letting me control which YouTube video should start downloading first, when I have a pile of them opened ;D

jgpaiva:
Don't forget about opera:config :)

PhilB66:
1. Opera Help Files
2. Opera Forums
3. Tamil's Opera FAQ's, Tips, Tricks & Tweaks Blog is a great resource. Check out his Opera 9 FAQ post.

CodeTRUCKER:
Hey Folks,

Just a note to say "Thanks!" :Thmbsup:  I have implemented some and are working on the others, but in my travels (and I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier) I found a wealth of knowledge on DC!  So, if this question ever comes up again, you might want to direct them their own backyard.

My Opera is friendlier now than it has ever been, Thanks to all of you. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version