ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Attention Mod

<< < (10/13) > >>

nosh:
I thought he posted weird on purpose, just for laughs.
10-36 0400 10-7

CodeTRUCKER:
Heh, heh - that was cool, CodeTrucker. Thank you for the listing of trucker's CB codes. I'm with nosh - I like 10-3 for OT. Like nosh, I figure I'd garner a lot of those  :-[
-Darwin (January 26, 2008, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you liked it!  I didn't have the heart to foist all those codes on you without giving you a key. :Thmbsup:

/10-3

CodeTRUCKER:
I thought he posted weird on purpose, just for laughs.
10-36 0400 10-7
-nosh (January 26, 2008, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nosh, ever thought about driving a truck? :D

No, it takes some work, but you eventually break through the disorientation of the *niks and begin to see the picture; however, for whatever reason, the subject of Gri ignites things (I was guilty too  :-[ ) so if you want to discuss it further, perhaps PM is a better avenue.

J-Mac:
Personally I see this as much ado about a non-issue.  Just keep things as they are and use the methods of notification that are available now. In this case, a PM would suffice.  I tend to agree with app103 that this could get to be overwhelming for certain members.  I also agree that a non-response, same as a No - might be taken wrong by some requesting members.  Particularly if they feel the need to inform a thread's participants about why a member they announced they were inviting hasn't shown up.

The convenience added is minuscule, IMO.  Yet the potential for hurt feelings is added at the same time.  BTW, I would certainly NOT be one of the members who would tend to be invited for my expertise!!  So this is not a self-serving post!

Thanks.

Jim

mouser:
I think adding ability to send to a member from the Send This Topic page is a no brainer and should be added.
CodeTrucker has a point that that doesn't let you send a specific message, which is unfortunate, but im not sure it warrants adding another button to every post.
So my inclination is to put on my todo list a change to the Send This Topic page which:

* Expands size of comment field
* Lets you put in user names instead of emails to send to and sends them a PM if you do
I do think this feature could be useful -- for example people sometimes email me and let me know there is apost about one of my programs that i havent replied to yet, and so i think this would make this easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version