ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Looking for tool to identify windows controls on windows forms

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I am currently using Au3Info that comes with AutoIt. It almost does what I need. It will identify the control I have my mouse over, but it doesn't seem to pick the proper control. For example, I am looking to grab some text, but when I am over the text it is giving me information that appears to be for the parent control. I am thinking that if I could run a program that gives me a full tree view of all the controls in a form, it would give me what I need.

I assume there are tools for AHK. Any that you like.

I know that Visual Studio has a utility to view windows messages, does it have one to find controls?

patthecat:
Don't know if this would help specifically in your case but give it a shot:
Nirsoft's SysExporter (http://nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html)

It shows you info on "the data stored in standard list-views, tree-views, list boxes, combo boxes, text-boxes, and WebBrowser/HTML controls from almost any application running on your system".

Ehtyar:
Interestingly enough, the tool i believe you're looking for also comes from NirSoft: WinExplorer.

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
you could also try Winspector.

Ehtyar:
you could also try Winspector.
-lanux128 (January 26, 2008, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I lost faith in it just recently, because it doesn't seem to work on vista :( And no updates it seems :S

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version