topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: help recompiling notepad++ plugin  (Read 9302 times)

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
help recompiling notepad++ plugin
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:47 AM »
hi sorry if this isnt posted in appropriate section. i have a small favour to ask. can anyone recompile MultiClipboard (notepad++ plugin) for me as i dont have any compiler installed at this computer.

i want to disable option 'auto-copy selected text' by default. just change MF_CHECKED to MF_UNCHECKED in line #207 in MultiClipboard.cpp

http://www.peepor.ne...php?p=multiclipboard
http://www.peepor.ne...=multiclipboard1.3.1

thanks in advanced.  :D

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • ::41554D::
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
Re: help recompiling notepad++ plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:41 PM »
Hey BlackCat,

I can get that compiled for you.. I'm a big fan of NotePad++ also.. Let me see what I can do...   :Thmbsup:

'Behold! It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:56 PM »
I could only find the sources for MultiClipboard1.4.0 Beta on this page:

http://sourceforge.n....php?group_id=189927

I built the sources fine.. But it looks like 'auto-copy selected text'  is disabled by default..

Did you try 1.4.0 Beta? I can upload the DLL, but I didn't have to change anything..
'Behold! It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:48 AM »
hi. i didint know there were newer version as on the author site, it says 1.3.1 is the latest. i just tried 1.4.0 but 'auto-copy select text' is still enabled by default though..

MultiClipboard.cpp
Code: C++ [Select]
  1. if (bEnableAutoCopySelection)
  2. CheckMenuItem( hMenu, funcItem[MCP_AUTO_COPY_TEXT]._cmdID, MF_CHECKED );

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:22 AM »
just wondering if there is a way within Notepad++ to configure this option? btw, i'm not a Notepad++ user.. :)

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 06:06 AM »
it suppose to save the plugin settings to ini file when you quit notepad++ but it doesnt, at least for me. So everytime i run notepad++ it will load default option for that plugin..  :down:

p.s: hope i'll get a recompiled dll in post #6  :-[
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:54 AM by blackcat »

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 08:31 AM »
That is really strange because globally it defaults to false:

1. bool bEnableAutoCopySelection = false;  // Use auto copy selected text?

Try putting the attached MultiClipboard.ini in the plugins/Config/ directory where notepad++ is installed and see if that allows you to change the setting, that way you can stay in sync with the releases and not need a recompile when you upgrade, if it doesn't work I'll post the compiled plugin with your changes..

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 09:08 AM »
sorry doesnt work either even after putting the ini in plugin config folder. :o when i open notepad++, i see all the 3 options in multiclipboard are still checked..i couldn't figure out what could posibly be the culprit..it seems the plugin ignore the config file.

im using notepad++ 4.7.5 btw. that plugin is really useful but having option 'autocopy selected text' left enabled is annoying because when you do text searches, it will copy found texts that the program highlight

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Strange.. I am running 4.7.5 also.. I'll make the change and upload it here..

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Ok.. looking at the source, wouldn't it make more sense to change the boolean variable, just changing the check won't change functionality, it probably would make more sense to change this line:

1. bEnableAutoCopySelection = (::GetPrivateProfileInt(PLUGIN_NAME, AUTO_COPY_SELECTION, (UINT)bEnableAutoCopySelection, iniFilePath) == 1);

to

1. bEnableAutoCopySelection= (::GetPrivateProfileInt(PLUGIN_NAME, AUTO_COPY_SELECTION, 0, iniFilePath) == 1);

If that does not work, then I would assume the value is being read in from some ini file because internally it is false and the check should follow the boolean.

of course we could just force it's hand to:

1. bEnableAutoCopySelection= 0;

Only thing is I hate plugging a problem like this where something odd is going on that could crop up in other places.. what do you think?

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:59 AM »
what if you just remove function to autocopy selected text completly?  ;D i probably not gonna use it anyway  :D

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22 AM »
Here is the DLL I removed the GetPrivateProfileInt and just set the variable to 0...

blackcat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 10:57 AM »
thanks so much!  works like charm :up:

now comes the funny part. im suspecting that the plugin dll that i downloaded on sourceforge actually contains v1.3 although its filename say its 1.4 beta

http://sourceforge.n...mp;release_id=571684

when i use your dll, i see there's one new option - 'show paste list' while mine doesnt have that option despite 'v1.4'  :o

thanks anyway.  :)