ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Any new ideas for small utilities?

<< < (8/14) > >>

mouser:
scott, that is a strange idea indeed, but somehow im guessing the such a tool already exists.. probably in the form of spam-sending tools..

Ozzy1, the startup app does sound useful actually..  but sounds like it might be tricky to do properly.. maybe someone can tell us about any success they may have had in the past with apps that change the order or delay of startup programs..

JeffK:
I really like Ozzy1's idea.  I have been trialling software lately (eg firewalls) that requires multiple reboots.  It would be nice to control the speed/order of startups.  I think the previous programs may have had names like "start delay".

Jeff

Ozzy1:
Mouser: the only problem I have seen (it was years ago though) was that virus-programs wanted to be started first...

JeffK:
I found one of the startup delay programs I was thinking of...

http://r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay&PHPSESSID=42eef9667a0202f8068a527510467edf

Jeff

Ozzy1:
Tried that one, JeffK
Difficult to set up for newbies.
And do you know how long program X needs before the next one starts? I sure didn't.  :huh:

It doesnt really do what I would like such a program to do. The key word here is AUTOMATIC.
I shouldnt need to set a spesial time setting everytime something worked its way to my startup...

This program is more a sceduler, not a tool to make your startup easier IMHO...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version