ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MS Word's "screen tips" hell -- I want them back for my comments!!!

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
Hey, thanks again lanux!  :)

I just saw your posts.

A bit earlier, I tried opening the normal.dot using "open and repair". I also tried saving the document in HTML, and then saving it back in DOC format. (funny thing --> the screen tips worked when the document was in HTML, but stopped working when saved back to the DOC format). So... nothing really totally worked. (Well... now at least the newly created documents will show the screen tips. But not the "old" documents.)

I'll try some of your links tomorrow.

lanux128:
(Well... now at least the newly created documents will show the screen tips. But not the "old" documents.)-Armando (January 25, 2008, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

just a thought, now that the "screen tips" are working try opening those "older" documents, edit them or leave them open for a while (so that auto-save kicks in) then press/click the save button to see if they're back to normal. :)

Armando:
Thanks lanux.
Nope... it's broken. I also tried a repair (Help menu). Didn't work. I might try a more drastic approach and try a deeper repair going through the add/remove programs. But I'll have to do a backup before. I would dislike loosing all my settings...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version