ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Force firefox to display a page it wants to download?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Lashiec:
That addon wasn't accepted  >:(. I listed a half dozen reasons. Find me a better one!! Quick!! :P
-Ehtyar (January 23, 2008, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did ya try the other solution I proposed in that thread? (Tip to find it: Ignore the rant ;D)

Ehtyar:
I see. Not sure how this solves the problem thought..could you be more specific?

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
Well, everything is explained there. As you can add custom apps to the list of those ones that can be used Launchy, you can define a list of extensions usually associated with downloads, and use as the app the one linked there. So, when you encounter a file you want to download, you select Get File Size in the Launchy entry integrated in the context menu in Firefox, and theoretically the program will give you the details on the download and allow you to get the file from the program. In theory :)

Ehtyar:
In practice it would probably just be easier to let th download start and check the file size on download statusbar and cancel it if it's too big or whatever. But thank you, and I think this add-on may be of help in other scenarios.

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
That addon wasn't accepted  >:(. I listed a half dozen reasons. Find me a better one!! Quick!! :P-Ehtyar (January 23, 2008, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

which add-on are you referring to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version