ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Force firefox to display a page it wants to download?

(1/4) > >>

Ehtyar:
It's been bugging me now for a while, but this time I've resolved to actually try to do something about it. Certain types of plain text files are not displayed in firefox, but rather prompt the user to download them. This annoys me most when you're scouring the net for source, and every c/cpp file you come across you have to download to view. I am tired of this behavior and would like to know if anyone is aware of a way to view a given filetype in-browser despite any file associations or headers. Please reply to this thread if you have a solution for this.

Thanks, Ehtyar.

lanux128:
this thread provides some clues on the matter.

• Opening text files in the browser?

Ehtyar:
Open In Browser is the PERFECT solution, I had this totally idyllic solution worked out in my head, and this is pretty much it. Thank you very much lanux!!

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
you're welcome, Ehtyar. that's Firefox for you, nothing that an add-on can't fix.. :)

Ehtyar:
you're welcome, Ehtyar. that's Firefox for you, nothing that an add-on can't fix.. :)
-lanux128 (January 23, 2008, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Uh uh uh  :eusa_naughty: you forget about my thread on getting firefox to show the size of a download. Got ya there eh?  :P

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version