topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Creating context menu items  (Read 4349 times)

Jayhawk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Creating context menu items
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Thanks for this great donationware!

When snooping out a live stream that is started from a java script on a web site, I like to look at the .js files and .css files to see what the developer is doing. Using the context menu and "Play this URL on the Computer", the .css files are opened in notepad and the .js files can be saved to disk, on the desktop for easy access, and then opened with an editor.

Is it possible to use a custom context menu item created in General Options to open these files more easily. I tried to set up items for View in Notepad and View in Araneae (my editor of choice) using $url for arguments, but the editors open with no document loaded. Using $file for arguments opens the packet file in Notepad, but nothing in Araneae.

If I have files on disk, I use the context menu in Explorer to Open with Notepad or Open with Araneae, but Explorer may do some magic with file associations. I'm not sure that Araneae takes command line arguments, but Notepad does.

Is this possible, or is it a feature request?