topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Computer/PC Users Groups - Membership at DonationCoder? Other Ideas?  (Read 6060 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I think we should show some solidarity with PC / Computer User Groups -- those small groups of personal computer users that gather in a local community.

I had two ideas off the top of my head but i'd like to hear more:

One idea was to allow such user groups to be treated like a single entity, in the sense that they could donate any amount they wanted and get membership and license key for all of their members.  [ie let the users group make a single donation and get membership and license keys for everyone in it].

The other idea was that it's hard to think of a more honest group of people than those in a local users group -- and they often write howto or review or tutorial essays for their groups.. could we welcome such groups to participate by sharing their writings here and being a part of DC, and in return welcome them here with full membership / licensekey stuff for their organization?

What do you think?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Computer/PC Users Groups - Membership at DonationCoder? Other Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16 AM »
I think it's a great idea
I was checking out computer groups a while back cause they can sometimes get very good discounts :-[ but then I was thinking it would be really nice to join one but there's none round here
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:45 AM »
Any member of DC who goes out and starts a local user group, DC will be happy to give full membership to the usergroup as well as some special member kit fun stuff to help you get off to a good start.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:45 AM »
There are plenty around here, and I would love to join one.

Unfortunately I rarely get out; pretty much stuck here.  So I live on this box most of the time.   :o 8)

Jim

stusil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16 PM »
I am a Director on the Board of the Florida Association of Computer User Groups (FACUG). Our members are the various user groups throughout the state of Florida. We are having our 14th Annual Spring Conference March 7, 8 & 9 2008, in Zephyrhills Florida. I am interested in discovering ways we might work with each other. Does anyone  :have any suggestions? 

Stuart Silverman