topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GridMove isn't working with iTunes  (Read 6792 times)

matt2

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GridMove isn't working with iTunes
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Hi, I just installed GridMove and am really liking it.  Thanks for creating it.

But, I can't get it to work with either iTunes or Real Rhapsody.  Neither dragging to the edge, drag on window title, or command hotkeys will move them.  Is there any way to make them work?

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GridMove isn't working with iTunes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:09 PM »
The reason it doesn't work with those windows is because those aren't standard windows, are themed. If you go to the options and disable "safe mode", you should be able to move those. On the other hand, you'll be able to move other windows that aren't supposed to be moved (windows that shouldn't be resizable, that is), so, be careful ;).

PS: if you move some window you didn't want to move, switch to the edge grid and drop that window on the "last size" grid element, it'll move the window to the size it had before it was moved the last time.

matt2

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Thanks, that worked for me.

The only problem is as that like you stated it grabs other windows that you don't want it to.  The mini player that comes with Rhapsody has its volume control in the area that GridMove uses for the "Drag on Titlebar" method.  So you end up moving that window when you try to change the volume.  Anyway, I will be able to figure a way around that.  Thanks for the quick reply.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 04:15 AM »
Yeah, that's the reason safe mode is disabled by default. Unfortunatelly, there isn't much i can do about that, that's the developer's fault for using non-standard windows looks.

There's a solution, though. If you'd like, you can add the miniplayer's class to the exceptions entry in gridmove.exe.ini. To obtain that class, use winspector or use windowspy if you have autohotkey installed.