ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

Feature request for GridMove

<< < (3/3)

jgpaiva:
Ok.. Now i remember the problem. The values of those variables are evaluated at the moment the grid is loaded, because it's way too slow to evaluate them as you move the mouse around the areas. Thus, there can't be any values that depend on the context of the current "drag and drop" :(

Maybe this could be implemented on the "move with keyboard" features, but it might still take too much time.

I'll look into it again the day after tomorrow and i'll see what i can do ;)

Tyinsar:
Since the plan is to keep the window the same size would it matter? - Though I'm not sure I understand the issue. If, after loading GridMove, I manually resize a window or open a new one isn't GridMove aware of that? - otherwise "WindowWidth" & WindowHeight" wouldn't work on those. Still, you're the programmer - if it's too much it's not really a feature I need and there's no sense getting the software bloated.

jgpaiva:
The problem here, is that there's something i wasn't very specific about. The maximize vertically/horizontally grid elements don't really replace that "window height" / "window width" with the height and the width of the window and then move it, those are just placeholders so that gridmove can know that that grid element refers to a maximize verticaly/horizontaly element.

"If, after loading GridMove, I manually resize a window or open a new one isn't GridMove aware of that?"
Nope, gridmove isn't aware of any current state of the windows, it doesn't need to. The active window is moved to the coordinates specified by the grid element selected (which, at the time of moving, are already only numbers, because all the parsing of the variables happens only once when gridmove is started).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version