Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 11:49:42 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: F&RR does mathematics...  (Read 7083 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 13, 2005, 12:49:45 AM »

hi there mouser,

i was just wondering... why not use F&RR to do calculations?
i mean the edit box would come in handy in evaluating mathematical expressions like google's calculator...

just a thought... ;-)

best regards,
lanux

rbeeger
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 11:32:18 AM »

Good idea. I sometimes use calc to do some simple calculations.
If I could do them in FRR, it would be just cool. I don't need the buttons. Just the possibility to type in a term (with parenthesis) and have it evaluated would be pretty cool.
nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:27:23 PM »

+1, though if there is a command line calculator around we could simply use the aliases without mouser having to code anything particular...

lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »

+1, though if there is a command line calculator around we could simply use the aliases without mouser having to code anything particular...

hi there nontroppo,

i didn't know that aliases could do the trick & there are plenty of cmd-line calculators but i was hoping that the answers would appear in F&RR's edit box instead of a console window...
anyway, here is one such program: EVAL v1.35 if you would kindly code the aliases..  ;-)

best regards,
lanux

nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 03:03:31 AM »

Is there not a windows rather than dos program that will open up a requestor with the result? Here is the alias for this dos program. You need to make a .pif and change the path to suit your needs. I don't like the left over console window either so either another program or some magic by mouser is needed...

1000>>>eval>->Evaluate $$1 | c:\windows\eval.pif $$1>+>^([\d\.\+\-\*%=<>&\|\^\$\(\)/\s]+)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 03:05:03 AM by nontroppo » Logged

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

Here is the alias for this dos program. You need to make a .pif and change the path to suit your needs. I don't like the left over console window either so either another program or some magic by mouser is needed...

hi there nontroppo,

aah, the pif file - remnants of Win3.x.. ;-) sorry, i can't recall anymore but how do i create the pif file? anyway, thanks a lot for the alias...

actually i'm trying to emulate SlickRun's inline calculator, which is very handy... it used to be my favourite launcher until F&RR came along... ;-)

best regards,
lanux

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 03:46:26 AM »

i could add a calculator to F+R but let me suggest that instead i concentrate on the plugin system (after i add multiple keywords and other stuff planned), since this would be a perfect first application for a plugin.

in other words, yes let's add this, but let's add it as a plugin.
nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 03:43:03 PM »

In XP I simply duplicated the _default.pif, renamed it and changed its settings.

I'm with mouser, plugins seem perfect for this.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 09:00:53 PM »

in other words, yes let's add this, but let's add it as a plugin.
that's no problem, i'll just wait for it then. tks mouser... ;-)

In XP I simply duplicated the _default.pif, renamed it and changed its settings.
in the meantime, nontroppo's alias is a fine replacement...

best regards,
lanux

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 09:16:32 PM »

maybe the first plugin will simply be a plugin that can shell a command to a commandline app, capture the output, and display it nicely in the results window - seems like that would be useful for lots of things like this.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »

maybe the first plugin will simply be a plugin that can shell a command to a commandline app, capture the output, and display it nicely in the results window - seems like that would be useful for lots of things like this.

aye, mouser. maybe this would be helpful...

[copy or print]
How can the output of a command line operation be retrieved?

A small freeware utility cb.zip (4 KB) captures up to 512 KB of output from a command or program.
The text is captured to the clipboard, which a script can access via the clipboard variable. For example:
RunWait %comspec% /c dir | cb.exe
MsgBox %clipboard%
Source: AutoHotkey FAQ

best regards,
lanux

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 05:33:57 AM »

see this thread for a solution to lanux's request:
http://www.donationcoder....orum/index.php?topic=2344
Gerome
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 07:08:18 AM »

Hello,

With this simple Fbsl's GUI script, you'll grab the stdoutput of any executable that produces output smiley

[copy or print]
Dim %hEdit = Fbsl_control("edit", Me, "", 1, 0, 0, 320, 200, 0x50310084, 0)
  Dim $buf = StrPipe("CMD /C DIR C:\*.txt /o/b/n" )
  Fbsl_SetText( hEdit, buf )
  Resize(Me, 0, 0, 324, 204 )
  Center(Me): Show(me)
Begin Events
End Events

The result is a GUI winform sized to 320x200 with a TextBox containing the result of the following shelled command line :
CMD /C DIR C:\*.txt /o/b/n

As you've seen, it does not require any extra EXEcutable to do the job since StrPipe does the whole job for you Wink
Any comments ?  Thmbsup

Yours,
(¯`·._.FBSL Help file]
(¯`·._.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.06 ]